Lim Ching Yong holds an LL.B. (Hons) from the University of Malaya. He was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2012.
His corporate law practice currently focuses on capital markets and corporate finance involving in initial public offerings (IPO), mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence exercise. He has acted in the following selected matters :-
- Advised on the listing of a Malaysian civil and structural works contractor undertaking civil and structural works in the oil and gas industry in Malaysia on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX).
- Advised a China-based company which is a leading manufacturer in steel radial tires having investment in Malaysia on their application to list on the Main Board of HKEX with market capitalisation of approximately HKD7 billion.
- Advised a Hong Kong-based financial technology solution provider principally engaged in the development and provision of financial trading solutions for financial institutions, brokerage firms and wealth management companies located mainly in Asia Pacific region, such as Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia on their application to list on GEM of HKEX.
- Advised on the listing of a Malaysian telemarketing company on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX) with expected market capitalisation of HKD 560 million.
- Advised on the listing of a Malaysian company predominantly involved in manufacturing of agrochemical and fertilizer business on the Main Board HKEX with market capitalisation exceeding RM1 billion.
- Advised on the exit offer via a voluntary take-over offer by promoters of a leading pharmaceutical company in Malaysia and the delisting thereof from Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Advised on the mandatory general offer by the existing shareholders and their Person Acting in Concert in respect of all securities in a property development company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia.
- Advised a company listed on Main Board of HKEX on its investment of RM 280 million in a Malaysian company listed on Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and principally involved in property development business including the application for exemption from mandatory general offer to the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
- Advised on the investment structure by a private equity fund of approximately RM 100 million including its application to Bank Negara Malaysia for approval under the foreign exchange rules.
- Advised on the funding by a Singapore-based private equity firm of RM35.2 million to a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the purpose of take-over of a public listed company (PLC) on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad principally involved in property development business.
- Advised on the amalgamation of related companies of a group of companies predominantly involved in the business of clothing retail chain in Malaysia pursuant to a scheme of arrangement under Section 366 of the Companies Act 2016.
- Advised on the proposed investment by a China based private equity fund in a company principally involved in online shopping platform in Malaysia for approximately USD 15 million.
- Advised on special legal audit on the portfolio companies of a shariah-compliant private equity fund based in Middle East and South East Asian.
Lim Ching Yong has experience in advising on the following matters :-
- Reverse take over (RTO) exercises of companies listed on the Main Market as well as the ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Proposed regularisation plans of companies under Practice Note 17 of Main Market Listing Requirements or Guidance Note 3 of the Ace Market Listing Requirements.
- Capital reduction exercises for the purpose of setting off accumulated losses, return of surplus of capital, corporate restructuring and privatization.
- Mandatory and voluntary take-over offers pursuant to Rules on Take-overs, Mergers and Compulsory Acquisitions issued by Securities Commission Malaysia.