LEE ELAINE, graduated from University of London (UOL) and won the book prize award in Jurisprudence and Legal Theory in 2015. Then, she completed Certificate of Legal Practice and was called to the Malaysian Bar thereafter.
Prior to establishing this firm, she commenced her pupillage in a boutique corporate law firm in Kuala Lumpur specialising in capital market and corporate finance where she was exposed to vast areas in conducting legal due diligence review exercises for companies that are listed on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad as well as foreign stock exchange.
In order to equip herself with legal knowledge in general practice of litigation, she joined a law firm in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur as a lawyer after completing her pupillage. She has been actively involved in numerous corporate exercises for diversification of companies, fund raising, warrants and loan stocks issues and employee issuance scheme. She is also well versed with corporate litigations including but not limited to corporate scheme arrangements, shareholders disputes, minority oppression, derivative action and winding up action.
Thereafter, she relived her passion in corporate practice and joined a reputable corporate law firm as a corporate lawyer specialising in corporate finance, capital markets, mergers & takeovers and corporate commercial. She is actively involved in various corporate exercises such as initial public offerings (IPO), rights issues and de-listing of companies.
To seize the opportunity to unlock her full potential, she decided to establish Ching, Elaine & Co.
According to Elaine, she chose law because it best potrays her personality. For her passion in law, she advises her clients based on real-life facts. Her satisfaction in legal profession arised from her skill and knowledge that she makes sure every deal happen in reality.
Areas of Practice
- Capital Market, Corporate and M&A, General & Commercial Litigation
- Advised on the due diligence process and compliance of the Independent Advice Circular to shareholders of a company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (“Bursa Securities”) in relation to the unconditional take-over offer by a company;
- Advised on the due diligence process and compliance of the Offer Document of various companies listed on the Main Market of Bursa Securities;
- Advised on the due diligence process and compliance of the Circular for delisting exercises for despatch to shareholders of a company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Securities;
- Drafted various agreements including trust deed for irredeemable convertible unsecured loan stocks, deed polls for issuance of warrants and bylaws for share issuance schemes;
- Assisted in legal due diligence review for Proposed Rights Issue of Irredeemable Convertible Preference Shares for various companies listed on the Main Market and ACE Market of Bursa Securities;
- Advised and conducted legal due diligence review for Share Issuance Scheme for various companies listed on the Main Market and ACE Market of Bursa Securities;
- Conducted due diligence in Malaysia which its holding company is a China incorporated company, seeking listing on China Stock Exchange;
- Advised on the proposed listing of a company on Shenzhen Stock Exchange which involves working together with China law firm, namely King and Wood Mallesons;
- Drafted Malaysian Legal Opinion for various proposed initial public offering on foreign stock exchanges;
- Conducted legal due diligence review for share splits, share consolidation, bonus issue and rights issue for various companies listed on the Main Market and ACE Market of Bursa Securities;
- Drafted amendments to Deed Polls and Trust Deeds to be in compliance with the Companies Act, 2016 of Malaysia;
- Drafted amendments to By-laws to be in compliance with the Companies Act, 2016 of Malaysia;
- Conducted legal due diligence review for various initial public offerings on the LEAP and ACE Market; and
- Acted as due diligence solicitor for various acquisitions exercises undertaken by companies listed on the Main/ACE Market of the Bursa Securities.